Welcome to the Back to School Giveaway Bonanza
Can you believe it is almost time for everyone to go back to school. I know some families that have year round school and they are already back in session.
This week, you will have the chance to win several prizes that are awesome for back to school. Please check back throughout the day. Also, I have the eleven other bloggers whom are participating linked below. Be sure to stop by ALL of the sites for multiple chances to win some amazing prizes.
The new Inspiron R laptops were designed with this in mind – making it easier than ever to access personal files and securely share photos and videos wirelessly, as well to enjoy the ideal mobile personal entertainment hub, offering smooth video playback, surround sound and a built-in Webcam.
Wrapped in curvy edges, smooth lines and available in four unique colorful finishes with chrome accents, the Inspiron R laptops are as beautifully designed as they are useful. With several display sizes ranging from 14-inch models that fit perfectly in a messenger bag, to home and dorm room-friendly 15- and 17-inch versions, the Inspiron R boasts a contemporary and sleek appearance that will make anyone feel good about bringing it out in the classroom or the local coffee shop.
Designed to stand up to the rigors of active families and students on the go Inspiron R models feature smudge-resistant palm rests, a full-size, comfortable keyboard and a stiffer frame for a solid, quality feel. Available Intel Core i3 and Core i5 processors and optional ATi graphics ensure great performance today and tomorrow.
Prices for Inspiron R laptops begin at $449 – an awesome price point for great product.
- Intel Core i3 and i5 mobile processor options for outstanding everyday performance with Microsoft Windows 7
- Choice of models offering bright 14-, 15-, and 17-inch displays, with high definition (HD) resolution offered on all systems
- Built-in wireless connectivity
- Built-in media card readers speed up transferring photo and video files.
- Optional 1GB ATi graphics provide realistic video effects
- Up to 640GB* hard disk drives on select models for storing large photos, music and video collections
- Up to 8GB* DDR3 memory performs tasks quickly and seamlessly
- Built-in Webcam enables Web chats on the go
- Touchpad with integrated scrolling and gestures makes using the laptop more intuitive and simple to use
As kids go back to school and use the family PC for homework and play, keep these safety and security tips in mind:
1) Protect Your Family’s Personal Info – Families today need comprehensive security protection. McAfee SecurityCenter from Dell features McAfee Active Protection™ technology which instantly analyzes and blocks new threats in milliseconds so there’s no dangerous gaps in protection.
2) Hall Monitors are Needed – Parents should always monitor children’s use of the Internet. Consider using a family protection software, which lets adults say “yes” to children’s online interests. It keeps children of all ages safe from exposure to inappropriate content, social networking risks, strangers, and other online threats.
3) Don’t Talk to Strangers -Teach kids to ignore emails and instant messages from people they don’t know.
4) Nothing is “Free” – Remind children to avoid free downloads like screensavers, surveys and online club registrations as these “freebies” can include hidden spyware and adware programs.
5) Teamwork is the Key – Work with your child to discuss boundaries of what is appropriate and what isn’t. Sign a pledge together to ensure ultimate protection. You will find an example pledge here.
6) Monitor Time – Set time limits for online surfing and ban late-night use.
Did you know?
- Almost 93% of teens use the Internet, yet 63% of them know how to hide what they’re doing online from their parents (McAfee and Harris Interactive)
- About 42% of youth report exposure to inappropriate content
- With cybercrime on the rise, recent research shows that 62% of moms are just as worried about their teenagers’ online safety as they are about drunk driving.
You must Visit the Dell site here to qualify and tell me what color laptop (not black) that your child would like to have. Leave a comment here on Angry Julie Monday with the color laptop.
You may earn a second entry by subscribing to Angry Julie Monday Newsletter or Facebook (leave a comment letting me know you subscribed)
You may earn a third entry by following Dell on Facebook. (leave a comment letting me know that you are following Dell).
All entrants must be 18 years old and reside in the United States. Giveaway Ends 08/13 at 11:59 PM PST.
You may enter the same giveaway on the following blogs:
- Hoosier Homemade
- My Frugal Adventures
- Once A Month Mom
- She Saved
- Living Rich With Coupons
- Penny Pinchin Mom
- Kingdom First Mom
- Deal Seeking Mom
- Fashion Cents For Mom
- For the Mommas
Disclosure: The opinions contained within this post are that of Angry Julie Monday and were not in any way influenced by Dell or other party. Please review our Facebook page for the official terms of the giveaway.