If 2010 was the Year of the Blog Conference, the 2011 was the Year of the Craft or Project Tutorial. Although, I did attend a few blog conferences, I was very crafty this year. I was pretending to be a craft blogger. Hey, I can be crafty when I want to be. I think 2012 will be the year of Sewing, or maybe even Running, if I can get my butt into gear. But really my most popular posts this year were my tutorials.
Presenting The Best of 2011 in Blog Posts, in order by beginning of the year:
1. Valentine’s Day Cards-This idea is pretty huge on Pinterest right now, but luckily I did it last year. These cards were a HUGE hit in my son’s class. Hopefully, no one in your child’s class reads blogs or is on Pinterest, then you will be a rockstar mom like me.
2. Arts and Crafts Caddy-Using a lazy susan and metal plant buckets from IKEA, my husband created a great caddy to store all of the pencils, markers, and scissors that my son has hoarded.
3. Lego Table made with an IKEA Lack Table-We looked everywhere for an inexpensive Lego table, there weren’t any inexpensive ones, so we made our own.
4. A Garage Makeover-A post about the cleanest room in our house, the garage.
5. Six Layer Rainbow Cake Tutorial-My BFF Stacey made this six layer rainbow cake for my son’s 6th birthday party. She was nice enough to do a tutorial for my blog also.
6. Ten Ways To Pay It Forward When Blogging-I think this is self-explanatory. Some ways to promote other bloggers.
7. Galvinized Steel Magnet Board Project-With a large picture frame and some steel, we created a magnet board for our son’s room.
8. Ten Similarities Between Sorority Rush and Blog Conferences-People wonder how I can survive so many blog conferences, well duh, I was a sorority girl.
9. Our PVC Fort Build-Another as seen via Pinterest. But unfortunately, the original poster didn’t write the directions. I did a step-by-step post.
10. Glitter Clothespins Tutorial-How to make simple clothespins sparkly and pretty. I hang up my Holiday cards with these.