I was reading my latest issue of Real Simple Magazine, about two months ago. I saw an article about re-organizing a front closet. It had before and after pictures from the makeover. I’ve been telling Angry Husband for awhile now, that I want to re-do our hallway coat closet. I knew that the space could be re-done and made more useful. At this point, it was a gathering place for wrapping paper, coats, our vacuum, and random junk. Isn’t everyone’s closet like this?
I knew that WE (Angry Husband, BFF Stacey, and me) could accomplish this project. I knew that it would not be very costly. It really wasn’t complicated, but add in very busy schedules, and that’s why, I’m posting the final results over a month later.
At the beginning of November, I posted my “before” photograph. This is when the project began. I started by cleaning out the closet. I took several items to the Goodwill and Salvation Army.
In mid-November, I posted some sneak previews of the paint in the closet. Stacey came over for the day and painted the closet. I’m totally allergic to paint, and doing anything creative like painting. The paint color is Valspar Jalapeño Jelly 6005-6A in semi-gloss, which is found at Lowes. We went through a gallon of paint, because the closet probably had never been painted since house was built, seriously. We took out the shelf and the bar in the closet before it was painted. We also took off the door to the closet to make it a little easier to paint.